Mr. Last Tarabuku, Head of Information Department
The department has the following obligations:
- Arranges publicity for the organization through Press statements, press conferences, and other means such outreach programmes such as exhibitions
- Analyses press and media information with a view of preparing responses based on the organization’s principles, that is press statements or media releases
- Advises the leadership on topical issues that require dissemination
- Identifies, selects, processes and disseminates both hard copy and electronic information on the organization
- Prepares and writes speeches for leadership
- Liaises with the Press
- Acts as an intermediary between the organization and members facilitating communication links.
- Answers enquiries from the public and other stakeholders or providing information to the public when it is needed.
- Carries out awareness or alerting services on the issues at hand, also create and maintain public awareness of organization’s policies and actions
- Conducts online and internet research and retrieving information in order to provide an up to date information dissemination service
- Writes reports, updating and managing the organization’s website as an important tool in information dissemination.
- Responsible for the organization publications, e.g newsletters, annual reports, newspaper
- Maintains Library database
- Publishes The Worker Newspaper