Frequently Asked Questions
I. CONSTITUTION OF ZIMBABWE
Labour Rights (Section 65)
- Right to fair and safe labour practices and standards and to be paid a fair and reasonable wage.
- Right of every person to form and join trade unions of own choice except members of security services.
- Right to participate in the lawful activities of the trade unions
- Right to participate in collective job action: strike, sit in, withdraw labour and other similar concerted action except employees in essential services.
- Right to just equitable and satisfactory conditions of work
- Right of trade unions to engage in collective bargaining
- Right to organise
- Right to form and join federations of such unions
- Right of women and men to equal remuneration for similar work
- Right of women employee to paid maternity leave of at least three months